Bacon Chicken Curry
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 – 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
- Fry bacon until crispy. Dice bacon and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high, and sauté onions, garlic, and ginger until onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add in curry, turmeric, cumin, and coriander, and stir well.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a light boil for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pace cubed chicken in an oven safe casserole dish, add chopped carrots, chopped cauliflower, and cubed sweet potato. Spread evenly in the dish.
- Pour the sauce you made over everything and then top it all with the chopped bacon.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring about every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded coconut sprinkled over the top.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android