Tahini and Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper (color of your choice)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag spinach
- Tahini (Sesame seed butter)
- 8 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
- In a skillet, cook the shallots, garlic, peppers until done.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook until wilted, about 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about ½-inch (1.2 cm) thickness and then butterfly open.
- Spread tahini over the inside of the chicken breast, and place the sautéed vegetable mixture inside of the chicken. Close the chicken (it’s ok if a little stuffing is hanging out).
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken in a baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android