Nibble Apps is looking for an Android Developer (Java, Kotlin). You will be working on a part-time contract role basis, paid hourly. You will contribute to one of the most well-loved recipe apps worldwide, FitMenCook.
The FitMenCook app for Android has become one of the most popular recipe apps on the Google Play store, with over 1,250,000 downloads and an average lifetime rating of 4.7. It continues to be updated each and every month, with new recipes and features.
Working remotely with our small bootstrapped team of 8, you will have autonomy over the codebase, which is written in Java and Kotlin.
You will work closely with our Project Manager to bring exciting upgrades to our recipe app. We will be looking to you to provide technical direction on some of our engineering decisions and roadmap items. Your workload over the coming months may include:
- Implementing a new app onboarding
- Condensing the app bundle size
- Adding extra recipe filtering options
- Improving the ‘grocery shopping’ experience
- Updating codebase to the latest APIs
- Implementing in-app products
- Improved tablet/foldable support
- You’ll be crucial to our effort to build the best Android recipe app to date
- Creating an amazing fast native app experience for users of all devices
- Improve and refactor code, making it clean and clear and to bring it up-to-date to support latest APIs and SDKs
- Collaborate on design & implementation of new features
- Test and fix issues that arise
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advise the team on best practices
- 2+ years of experience in Android development
- Diverse range of apps that you have shipped or contributed to
- Proven ability to ship high-quality, testable, and accessible code
- Expert in Git, Kotlin, Java, Android SDK
- Experience with In-App Products, Google Billing (and/or subscriptions) would be a bonus
- Experience across cross-platform/web frameworks also a plus
- Passion for quality engineering. Testing as you go!
If your skillset aligns with the above and you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please click this link to upload your CV and submit your application.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with the hiring manager via email, should you have any questions. Thanks for your interest!