At Nibble Apps our mission is to make healthy eating easy.
Our team is behind one of the most well-loved health apps worldwide, MealPrepPro. MealPrepPro provides users with a healthy weekly meal plan, that adapts to their preferences and goals. The app is regularly featured by Apple and serves a passionate community of tens of thousands of users.
We’re proud to be a bootstrapped, fully remote team. Our core-values are Trust, Caring, Respect, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Balance and Clarity of Communication.
We’re bringing MealPrepPro to Android for the first time and we’re looking for a Flutter developer to join our close-knit team of 6.
About the role
- Collaborate with our team of iOS engineers to bring MealPrepPro to Android and web.
- Work on version 3 of MealPrepPro, bringing new capabilities to help people create a meal plan that fits around their lifestyle.
- From user login, to meal plan generation, creating a shopping list and browsing recipes, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of MealPrepPro on Android.
- Plan, build, test and release. We push app updates every week, bringing new recipes and features to our customers.
- After bringing MealPrepPro to Android, you’ll continue to work on an ambitious roadmap.
- 3+ years of professional experience with developing high quality Android or iOS apps (in Swift/Kotlin/Flutter).
- 6+ months experience using Flutter.
- Proven ability to ship high-quality, thoroughly tested, and accessible code.
- Diverse range of apps shipped or contributed to.
- You’ll embrace the autonomy that comes with working on a small team.
- You’re curious and never want to stop learning.
- You’re interested in the nuances of how different customers use MealPrepPro and how we can serve these needs.
- Experience with Node.js and Firebase would be a bonus.
- Based in EMEA region.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work on an inspiring product that helps people live a happier, healthier life.
- You’ll have ownership of your work. We trust everyone in our team to deliver an app we can be proud of.
- You’ll help shape our roadmap, discussing new ideas and features with the rest of the team and work from concept, through to implementation, testing and release.
- We offer varied work, from data syncing, image recognition with Vision API’s and beyond, there’s always an interesting challenge.
- We aim to be early adopters of the latest and greatest OS capabilities.
- You’ll join an international, fully remote team.
- In person retreats three times per year (normally).
Pay, benefits and location
REMOTE: This is a remote role. You will be on a full time contract. We invite applicants from the EMEA region. This is to achieve time zone overlap with the rest of the team.
PAY: Pay is competitive and based on experience.
PERKS: We provide a stipend for co-work. We (normally) have 3 in person retreats every year.
FLEXIBLE: You will be required to work core hours each week, but you will have flexibility in how you manage your schedule.
HOLIDAYS: We have an open time-off policy. Employees based in the UK will have 28 days paid leave per year.
EMPLOYMENT: Applicants living in the UK will be employed by Nibble Apps. Applicants from other locations will be offered full-time independent contractor positions and will be responsible for their own taxes and fees where they reside.
If the job sounds exciting then we want to hear from you!
Email email@example.com with the following:
- Your CV/Resume in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in working at Nibble Apps.
- Examples of your work (GitHub, apps etc.).
Interviews begin in June. Applications will close as soon as the position has been filled.
Our recruitment process
- We will review written applications
- We invite candidates to a brief 15-30 minute call
- We send a coding challenge to shortlisted candidates
- We invite candidates to interview to learn more about your technical and team experience
- We invite the successful candidate to join the team