Apple Cider Donuts
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1/2 cup Apple cider
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
- Grease a mini doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, arrowroot flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and coconut palm sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together molasses, apple cider, egg and coconut oil.
- Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon dough into prepared mini donut pan, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, dip each doughnut in melted butter or lard, roll in coconut palm sugar or shredded coconut, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android