Apple Rosemary Roast Chicken
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 whole chicken, 2-3 lbs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) glass baking dish, and drizzle with oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt.
- Place half of the apple slices and rosemary inside the cavity of the chicken, and place rosemary underneath the chicken.
- Arrange sliced apples around the outside of the chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C, about 90 minutes.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android