Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ head of cauliflower
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower under cold water and pat dry (it’s important to make sure it’s dry).
- Remove the stems, and place the florets in the food processor.
- Pulse the cauliflower until you have a couscous consistency (you can also use a cheese grater and do it by hand, which takes longer).
- Place in a microwave safe dish and loosely cover.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stopping halfway through to stir (don’t overcook the cauliflower or add fluid as it will turn to mush).
- While the cauliflower is in the microwave, grease a skillet and sauté chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Once the onion is tender, add the couscous cauliflower, coconut oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to sauté until cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Enjoy (this was awesome)
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android