Chili Lime Burgers with Caramelized Onions
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 onion, 1/2 finely diced, the other half just sliced to caramelize
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 lime
- 4 Strips of bacon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat grill to high for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently mix ground beef, diced onions, garlic powder, and chili powder in a bowl. Add in the lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and then form into patties.
- With a frying pan on the stove, caramelize the onion on a low heat, this should take about 15 minutes.
- Your grill should be nice and hot by now, turn it to where you will have a constant temperature of about 450°F/230°C/Gas 8.
- Place your burgers on the grill and cook them for 4 minutes on each side. If they still need time to reach desired doneness, move burgers to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking. (Make sure you only flip your burgers once, and don’t push down on them with the spatula, we want the burgers juicy, not dry from pushing everything out).
- Cook your bacon on the stove.
- Go get your burgers off the grill and plate, topped with bacon and caramelized onions.
- If desired, squeeze lime over plated burgers.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android