Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Sweet potato
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Bacon slices
- 4 Cheese slices
- 4 tbsp Duck fat
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C / Gas 6.
- Scoop duck fat on a baking sheet and melt in the oven as it’s preheating.
- Remove from the oven once the fat is melted.
- Slice sweet potato into thin slices, about 1/8” to ¼” (3 to 6 mm) thick.
- Bring a pot half full of water to a boil. Place sweet potato slices in the pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove slices from the water, and dry between paper towels to remove most of the moisture.
- Coat both sides of eat sweet potato slice with melted duck fat, lightly salt, and evenly space on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the bottom browns, about 18 minutes, flip each sweet potato slice, and bake until the other side is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place a slice of sweet potato on a place, top with a fried egg, two bacon strip halves, cheese (if using), and greens.
- Top with another sweet potato slice and salt and pepper the top. Serve immediately.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android