Sweet Butternut Mash
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Butternut squash
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C / Gas 7.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scrape out all the seeds.
- Place cut side up in a baking dish. Using a basting brush, brush coconut oil on all the flesh of the squash. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the squash. It’s done when a fork sinks right into the meat with no effort.
- Use a spoon to scrape out all the squash and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add honey, ghee, and cinnamon and mash like you would for mashed potatoes.
- Mix well and serve with your choice of main.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android