Sweet Potato Frittatas
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 8 eggs
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and grated
- ½ – 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- Grease 8 ramekins (or a baking dish), and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil (or other fat), and sauté onions until they start to sweat or glisten, about 5 minutes.
- Next add grated sweet potato and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cinnamon to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until spinach wilts.
- Add ½ of the sweet potato sauté to a bowl and set aside. Divide the remaining portion in the bottom of ramekins, about ⅓ full.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut milk. Pour an even amount of egg into each ramekin (Alternatively, you can place one whole egg in each ramekin and it will be poached instead of scrambled and won’t turn out like a muffin).
- Top the ramekins off with the remaining portion of the sweet potato sauté, and bake until the egg is cooked, about 30 minutes (adding bacon bits 10 minute before done).
- While the frittata is in the oven, cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Once cooled, crumble or chop into bits.
- About 20 minutes into baking, pull frittatas out of the oven, sprinkle bacon bits over the tops, and place back in the oven to finish baking.
- Let cool and serve, or remove them from the dishes and store in an airtight container in the fridge to eat throughout the week.
Recipe from the Caveman Feast app for iPhone, iPad and Android