At Nibble Apps our mission is to make healthy eating easy.
Our team is behind one of the most well-loved health apps worldwide, MealPrepPro. MealPrepPro provides users with a healthy weekly meal plan, that adapts to each customers preferences and goals. The app is regularly featured by Apple and serves a passionate community of tens of thousands of users.
We’re proud to be a bootstrapped, remote-first team. Our core-values are Trust, Caring, Respect, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Balance and Clarity of Communication.
We’ve got some exciting projects in the pipeline for this year and we need an experienced UIUX designer to join our close-knit team of 6 and help us deliver on these projects.
About the role
- Starting with our wireframes and working alongside our product manager, engineers and marketers, you’ll design the UI for the next major iteration of our app MealPrepPro.
- Starting a lifelong healthy eating habit is challenging, so we want a UI that feels warm and welcoming to users and allows powerful customisation options, without feeling overwhelming.
- We have tens of thousands of existing users, so you’ll also need to consider what elements from our current UI should carry over to MealPrepPro 3. You’ll need to balance a new modern UI, while retaining enough familiarity.
- We love apps that feel at home on iOS and Android, so you’ll need to consider the unique design languages and nuances of each platform.
- You’ll be involved in user feedback sessions as we present beta versions of our MealPrepPro 3 to select users.
- You’ll craft a design system in Sketch that we can continue to use as we iterate on MealPrepPro 3.
- 2+ years of experience working in app design.
- You have a portfolio of apps on the App Store.
- Experience using Sketch.
- Experience setting up frameworks and initial design concepts. Experience with user centric design methods and practices.
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems. You can grow design practices to create a unified product.
- You’ll embrace the autonomy that comes with working on a small team.
- You’re interested in the nuances of how different customers use MealPrepPro and how we can serve these needs.
- You’re curious and never want to stop learning.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a small team that dreams big. Our work has received recognition by Apple with the App of the Year award and we’re regularly featured across the App Store.
- Eating healthy is a challenge for millions of people around the world. You’ll work on an inspiring product that makes it easier.
- You’ll have ownership of your work. We’re a small team and everyone in the team is trusted to deliver an app we can proud of.
- You’ll help shape our roadmap, discussing new ideas and features with the rest of the team. You’ll see your work go from concept, to implementation, testing and release.
- You’ll join an international remote team.
- LOCATION: This is a remote role. We’re inviting candidates worldwide.
- HOURS: We’re open to this being a part time or full time position. We’re expecting a minimum of 16 hours per week. You’ll have flexibility in how you manage your schedule. We expect the project to last 2-3 months.
- PAY: Pay is competitive and based on experience.
- CONTRACT: The successful applicant will be offered an independent contractor position and will be responsible for their own taxes and fees where they reside.
Nibble Apps welcomes a diversity of people, backgrounds and experiences.
If this sounds exciting then we want to hear from you!